I don’t know about all of you but, my feet need extra care in the summer time. Daily scrubs and extra moisture for my pampered tootsies are a MUST HAVE!
I started experimentations with foot scrubs last year in an attempt to:
- decrease my reliance on chemical crap on my skin
- create a scrub that is effective for my feet and safe for the environment
I guess what really irritated me about buying scrubs for my feet is that some of them actually have plastic beads or bits in them to scrub your feet with. YES PLASTIC!
So here’s what my Salted Coconut Tootsie Scrub looks like:
So here’s how to make it…
- Epsom Salts
- Coconut Oil
- Essential Oils for fragrance and therapeutic benefits
The how to:
- Pour in the desired amount of Epsom salts into bowl. It is better to use salts, rather than sugar, because the salts are naturally bacteria unfriendly.
- Slowly add in and blend coconut oil until you have a nice toothpaste texture. You do not need to pre-melt the coconut oil.
- Add in several drops of desired essential oils. I used orange essential oil for the lovely smell and invigorating/refreshing nature of it. I also used Tea Tree oil, as it has natural antibacterial properties.
- Blend and store in a glass jar
- Make small batches in order to avoid spoilage of product. I’ve never had this happen; however, all the ingredients are natural so natural products without preservatives are prone to this.
- Work the scrub into your feet really well and then use a mild soap to remove the excess coconut oil off your feet.
- Use the scrub on your feet when they are dry, wet feet will dissolve the salts and make the scrub less effective.
Enjoy! Your tootsies will feel so soft after this daily pampering!