I have always wanted to know how to make kale chips. I’ve tried my dehydrator, they were a little too healthy for me and lacked flavour. I tried a cheesy vegan mixture in hopes that they would have more flavour. The mixture was good, but they were coated too thickly and weren’t very crispy. So, my successful batch! Here it is!
- Kale (leaves only, not stem), torn into bite sized pieces
- Olive Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place kale on the parchment covered baking sheet
- Drizzle, in a thin stream, olive oil over the kale. Don’t drown it, it’s just there to add to the flavour!
- Drizzle, in a thin stream, soy sauce over the kale. Treat the soy sauce like salt, it’s a flavouring and drowning it will ruin your chips. They’ll be soooo salty. I know because I’ve done it! haha
- Grind fresh ground pepper over the kale, mix everything together, and spread out on the parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake at 170 until crisp and dry. This can take well over an hour.
- The more kale on the sheet, the longer the time. All my kale was touching each other, so it took probably closer to two hours.